SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Operator
Varitron Technologies Inc.— one of the most innovative company in the High Tech industry of the Greater Montreal for over 20 years, named Company of the Year and Manufacturing Company of the Year by the Rive-Sud Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2011—specializes in Electronic Manufacturing Services.
To support the growth of its activities, the company is currently looking for a SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Operator, for day shift.
In an environment focused on production, teamwork and the company’s commitment to customer satisfaction, you will be responsible for operating machines that automatically place surface mounted (SMT) components, and for supervising the process at all times.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Prepare the machines
- Consult the technical documentation
- Check the list of parts and equipment received before preparing the machine
- Install the parts in the feeders
- Start up the machines in accordance with precise operating modes by entering parameters from the console
- Oversee the manufacturing cycle process while controlling multiple machines
- Ensure the machine is continuously fed during the cycle
- In the event of a breakdown, ensure liaison with the maintenance technician
- Detect the cause of breakdowns and make simple adjustments to allow the manufacturing cycle to restart
- Ensure the quality of the manufactured parts
- In conjunction with the department supervisor, ensure monitoring of various KPI
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Hight Scholl Diploma
- Spoken and written French
- Working knowledge of English (an advantage)
- Computer skills (essential)
- Normal working week: 40 hour
- day shift: Monday through Friday from 7am to 3:30pm
- Salary depending on experience